Frequently Asked Questions
Let Us Provide the Answer
What time is check-in?
Check-in time at both campgrounds starts at 1pm.
What time is check-out?
Check-out time at both campgrounds is 11am.
What are the dates for seasonal camping sites?
Our seasonal camping sites are available between May 15 through October 15. Camden Hills offers seasonal sites for guests to book. Please contact us for more information or to book your seasonal site.
How can I extend my stay?
To extend your stay, please make a request at the office prior to 10am. Extensions may be granted based on site location and availability.
What is the speed limit inside the park?
Our park speed limit is 5 mph.
What is your cancellation policy:
Nightly or Weekly Stays: No refunds on or after arrival. Cancellations made at least 14 days in advance will be refunded in the form in which it was paid less a $10 cancellation fee. Deposit will be forfeited for all reservations cancelled less than 14 days prior to your arrival date.
Monthly Stays: No refunds on or after arrival. Cancellations made at least 45 days in advance will be refunded in the form in which it was paid less a 10% cancellation fee. Deposit will be forfeited for all reservations cancelled less than 45 days prior to your arrival date.
What is your refund policy?
There will be no refunds after you have checked in, for inclement weather, failure to follow the Rules & Regulations or disorderly conduct. Manager/Owner reserves the right to have discretion on all refunds.
What is your visitor policy?
Visitors are $6 per day and $8 overnight for both adults and children. All visitors must be registered at the office.
Is smoking allowed throughout the campground?
We do not allow smoking throughout the park or in common areas. Smoking is only allowed at your campsite. A $50 fee will be incurred for evidence of SMOKING (of any substance) inside any of our cabins.
Does your campgrounds have quiet hours?
Yes. Quiet hours are 10pm to 8am. During this time, please keep your voices low and lights should be kept at a minimum. In the event that our staff informs a site of a quiet hour violation and any site occupant refuses to cooperate, all of the occupants of the site will be subject to eviction from the campground without refund.
Are your parks pet friendly?
Yes! We are pet friendly at both campgrounds! A “Pet Fee” of $5 per pet per stay is applied to your reservation. Cabins 10 & 4 are PET FREE. A $50 fee will be incurred for evidence of pets in these two cabins.
Please note the following rules will apply for all pets:
- They are to be kept leashed, quiet at all times and never left unattended.
- Please pick up pet droppings immediately and leave your campsite clean.
- Owners will be held responsible for any damage or harm caused by pets.
- Please be aware that if your dog(s) are aggressive, or barking or are left alone, you will be asked to leave the campground with no refund.
Can I bring my own firewood?
Firewood must be purchased locally. It is now illegal to bring firewood into the state of Maine (to prevent the spread of insects). Please do not transport firewood distances greater than 50 miles, even within Maine.
The following rules applies to campfires at our campgrounds.
- Fires must always be attended.
- Fires must be completely out and doused with water at the end of the evening or anytime you are away from your site.
- Please observe any fire condition notices posted in the camp store.
- Embers can easily be blown out of the fire pit by ocean breezes.
- No moving of fire pits.
- No burning trash in fire pits.
- Do not remove branches or bark from live trees.
- You may collect fallen dead materials.
Can I have fireworks, firearms, or enjoy archery at your campgrounds?
No. For the safety of all guests, these items are prohibited in our parks.